I love Pinterest.
My love for it normally goes in waves–was super keen on it while I was planning my wedding, was then in a bit of a slump, and now have hit it hardcore again. There’s just something about how visual it is and how good it is at showcasing information that keeps me coming back.
Moreso, if you’re in business, I recently read Pinterest Power by Jason Miles and Karen Lacey on how to market your business and build your brand on Pinterest. My full review of the book is on my business blog, but suffice it to say, there is some amazing stuff you can be doing on Pinterest right now.
And not just retail businesses, but also service businesses and nonprofits and community organizations. If you’re at all interested in becoming more of a power user, definitely check that book out.
As for me, I use Pinterest for the normal things: decorating, recipes (main courses/desserts/breakfasts/etc), and workout motivation. But I also use it for some other really cool things, such as:
- Keeping track of all the random gift ideas I have for friends and family throughout the year, rather than trying to remember all of them in December
- Marketing for the dog rescue I volunteer with (where I also run an adorable “Puppy Fridays” board)
- Putting together ideas for a very exciting Night Circus party I’m hosting this weekend
- Using it as a vision board with pictures of what keeps me happy and sane and inspired
- Creating a board with ideas for a novel I’m writing complete with mood and scenes from it
- Showcasing my absolute love of books and book geekery
Basically, lots of stuff. I adore it and keep thinking of more things to use it for as I use it more often.
Do you use Pinterest? How do you use it? Where can we find you on it?